Thursday, January 15, 2015

I can't believe it

I'm getting used to my braces. And, what's more, I don't hate them! Despite how uncomfortable they were at first (and still are at times), they are getting easier to live with and I don't think about them every second of the day.  In fact, I was out this morning with my son at an indoor playground (it's too darn cold to go outside, and 3 year olds boys are restless!) and I realized that I had been smiling to the other parents there without even thinking about the braces.  What a relief! It's exhausting to be hyper-conscious of your appearance all the time.

It might also be because I'm noticing some positive changes in my teeth already.  There is still LOTS of movement left to happen on the top (and on the bottom, but there are no braces there yet!) but I already see that the front teeth are in more of an arch, rather than a straight line across, and one side is looking straighter.  It encourages me to be patient for the rest of the movement to happen, because when it does, it will look so good!

I think I had kind of prepared myself in my mind for something really awful to happen. Either somehow the braces weren't going to "work" on my teeth due to the trauma, or take twice as long as normal...something like that. But no! It seems that my luck is turning in 2015 and this is, so far, a painful but positive experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment