Friday, December 12, 2014

Long week

It's the end of a long week around here...I will try to summarize the best I can.

So I made it to my counselling session.  In truth, it was my second counselling session but it's a bit complicated to explain.  I want to be honest about my experience because I feel that it's important to share that we all need help sometimes and we are doing ourselves a favour by seeking it. I do not feel weak for reaching out. So I'll say that it felt great to talk about what's been going on, where my head's at, and get some unbiased input on the whole thing.  I don't want to share what we talked about, since that's personal....but it was certainly helpful.  I'd encourage anyone who is thinking about it to go for it - it can only help you out, and if you're not doing it for yourself, then do it for your family.  Only you are responsible for the person you bring home to your family, and you should do whatever it takes to be the best version of yourself that you can be for them.

Having said that, I can't say that this week was the best one for me. Tuesday I drove down to Sarnia and had 3 root canals done.  I also had some X-rays taken and found out that I will hopefully be able to keep my 2 top front teeth - so far, they look healthy. So happy about that!  I've mentioned previously that I'm usually pretty game for dental work, but these root canals have taken more out of me each time than I anticipated. I was so nervous about the pain, since last time I couldn't be frozen properly, but I needn't have worried. The freezing worked this time. I just couldn't help being tense from head to toe, and so after the day was done, so was I.

We managed to get an impression done without pulling out my super-loose #33, so I'll be getting a flipper (or dentures...which one sounds less awful??) for when it gets pulled Dec 30. That's right...it's coming out, finally. I've booked the surgery with Dr. P, and he'll do a bone graft at the same time. I'm not looking forward to this. This tooth is right over top of one of the major fracture sites, so if the bone graft doesn't take well enough, implantation may not be an option. To explain why that is a big deal is tedious and boring....so let's just say that I hope to God this works. I'm actually kind of looking forward to getting this thing out. It's moving more, hurting and just generally driving me crazy!! Although I hear the fake teeth are just as bad :(

So Thursday I went back to the scene of the accident....the gym. The gym owner is the one who was training me (in a group class) when it happened, and he has me signed up for personal training with one of his employees. I'm a bit bothered by that..like why doesn't he want to see and help me? On the other hand, it could be good for me to work with someone that I don't feel like I need to prove anything to. Anyways, I like the trainer he has me with, he seems understanding that I'm not interested in pushing my limits (for once in my life) and just want to be healthy.

It was nice to get back to it, but I have to admit that it's worn me out. I don't know if it was 100% worth it, but in therapy I was told that since I've always been an active person, I should get back to some kind of activity. So I'll pursue it as much as I can. I figure it will give me a reason to get out, feel good about myself physically and build up my endurance for regular life again.

So after all that activity this week (not to mention the lingering sinus infection) I'm not feeling quite like I'm prepared to tackle life at the moment. But I'm taking this Friday night to just relax with myself (the hubs is out) and chill. I'm psyching myself up for what's coming next week......braces!!

No comments:

Post a Comment