Thursday, November 20, 2014

Anxiety overload

Well blog readers ( all 5 of you, whoever you are) you're about to get a taste of a low point tonight. It's the night before my first real day of dental work, and I've driven 3 hours through a snow storm to get to my dentists house. Oh right, I might have forgotten to mention that one of my best friends in the world is my dentist. How incredibly convenient!

Anyways her mom made me a meal of all soft and delicious foods to eat, and now I'm stuffed to the gills and camped out in her guest bedroom. I will make my way to her office first thing in the morning with her to spend all day (with breaks) in her oh so comfortable office. No really...it's beautiful. I'll post pics later. 

Since there is SO much work to be done, the treatment possibilities are incredibly complicated. I won't even go into trying to explain it all, since there are a zillion factors and it would be pointless to lay out all the permutations now, only to get more information tmrw during my visit...which I will obviously share. 

However, we did discuss the very real possibility that I will be losing a major portion of my front teeth sooner rather than later. And how we proceed will be determined largely on insurance coverage. A lot of the details that we discussed tonight were rather upsetting, so I've taken a Valium to relax. Here's hoping that I rest up for tomorrow's dental marathon. 

I'll be sharing the news about the state of my teeth as soon as I can. Please wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment