Friday, February 27, 2015

Chiropractic Treatment #3


Following my visit with Dr P, I went straight to Dr Nino's office for another chiropractic treatment. (Ok, that's a lie. I had buffer time in there in case Dr P was running late from surgery, and he wasn't. So I had time to hit up Winners on the way. Don't tell the hubs.)

We did the now-standard acupuncture needle placement, then head massage and ART.  Dr Nino started with the back of my head and then moved to my temples and generally upper head.  It felt so bad/good, and he said that he was using a lot more pressure this time than last, so although it still feels just as painful for me, it is getting "better".

The massage/ART on my neck/head is so painful. I can really tell that it's the back of my head that's in really bad shape, but when he gets to my temples its like I could lie there all day.  If there was a device out there that would massage my temples like that, I would pay all the money in my bank account for it.  Instead I'm going to have do a hard negotiation with the hubs to give me some TLC.

After a bit, he moved on to massaging my masseter muscles.  To remind you, the masseter is the muscle that helps you chew, and runs inside your cheek, attaching all along your jaw line (see image).



The muscle itself should feel like a soft pasta noodle, while I hear mine feels more like uncooked spaghetti.  Dr Nino must be Italian.

Anyways, it hurt like a sonofabitch.  Of course afterward all I felt like doing was sleeping.  Then the power went out and my son wanted to sleep in our bed.  Actually it wasn't so bad, I got some cuddles in and it was awesome.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like you went through a lot of pain and agony. My husband was recently in a car accident and hurt his jaw in a similar fashion. He is still recovering from it and it gives him a lot of pain. I hope your condition changes soon. I will pray for the both of you. God Bless. Thank you.

    Jacqueline Hodges @ Dr Koziol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline, thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I hope that your husband gets some relief. Please let me know if you or he ever have any questions about treatment. I'd be more than happy to share any information or experiences I have had.
      It's important for him to take care of himself right now. I firmly believe that massage, ART and acupuncture keep me functioning on a daily basis.

      Delete
  2. As I said, he is still receiving treatments so we don't know what the long term solution is yet. medical treatments

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has to be the most painful experience. When I was involved in a car accident, it was my back that was destroyed and not a day goes by I don't feel the pain. I can only imagine when you had to eat or talk, how every little thing must really just remind you of the pain in that area.

    ReplyDelete